The Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter Converter for MacBook lets you connect a standard analog monitor, projector,LCD or any other device that uses a VGA connector to a Macbook, Pro or Air with a Mini Display Port.
The new MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air each have a Mini DisplayPort that allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Mini Port to VGA Adapter Features:
- Connect any standard analog monitor, projector, or LCD that uses a VGA connector with the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Mini DisplayPort 1.1a compliant receiver offering 5.4 Gbps bandwith over 2 lanes
- Integrated triple 10-bit, 162 MHz video DAC for analog VGA signal output
- Supports up to 1080p, 1920 x 1200 reducted blanking video resolution
- EDID pass-through from PC source to display
- Spread Spectrum (de-spreading) for EMI reduction
- Automatic sink detection
- Low power standby mode operation initiated based on sink detection status
- Powered from Mini DisplayPort source
- Connectors: Mini DisplayPort Male to VGA Female
- 3.3V IO 1.2V Core
Mini DisplayPort is NOT FOR USE WITH earlier Apple Macs which have Mini-DVI. For few display cards the image would not appear until the PC enters into Windows from DOS at the time of restarting.